I promise I won't come home every Sunday and Thursday night and write about the college ministry (only sometimes), but tonight was our first official life group meeting and it went really well. I just spent most of tonight with my group "getting to know each other," and shared as much about myself as I could think of, because usually you can connect with most people on something. Tonight I felt like I should mention my engagement (just as part of the "story") and afterward one of the girls told me she had been engaged and wanted to talk about it. I also have one girl who I know for sure is not a believer and I'm looking forward to getting to know her as well. Yay! Afterward everyone comes back together and hangs out for about an hour, then they go off into the night as the energetic and rambunctious college students they really are...tonight (thankfully) they went over to someone's house and watched Lost, so I was excused to come home and go to bed (never got into that one). :)
P.S. I'm going to Greece in 9 days!
1 comment:
Props to you for sharing a very personal part of your story...being authentic and vulnerable in college ministry especially is so important and bridges so many gaps!
I'm glad you're enjoying your role and I'm sure they are blessed to have you as a leader.
Greece -- so close - Julie finally put together that she would be meeting you!!
Post a Comment