Monday, December 01, 2008

back

Arrived back in the sprawling metropolis of the greater LA area this evening. I cannot believe how fast ten days in Seattle went. Too fast. It was great to be with family, and sad to leave, knowing it was the last time we'd be together for awhile. Boohoo.

It's hard not to start disconnecting from people and things here. I have a long to-do list for this last week of being in the States, and part of me would just focus on that and not much else. It's weird knowing you're leaving, that everyone else's lives will go on as normal without you, and the hole you leave behind will soon be filled with other things. I am tempted to withdraw and begin that "cutting off" process now, since in many ways it feels inevitable. I am challenged to engage, spend time, and still be present here.

9 days!

No comments: