Ahoy ~ I made it! Aside from nearly blowing my brains out my ears trying to blow up my neck pillow, and struggling to stay awake for 7 hours in the airport in Frankfurt, my trip was uneventful. Pepie picked me up at the airport and drove me to my new home, here in Piraeus.We are just southwest of Athens (they pretty much blend together), and I'm about a five minute walk to the bus station, the metro station, and the sea (we are near the port). I was greeted by Lydia and George last night, and this morning have already received drawings and "letters" from each of their three boys, Iannis (John, who actually introduced himself as "Glen," which is his middle name), Petros (Peter), and Philipos (take a guess). Lydia says they were so excited to meet me and they have been putting on quite a show. :) (I posted their pic here.)
The room is small, and Lydia is teaching a piano lesson in the other room right now. It is an ideal location though, 2 blocks from Pepie and 4 from Voula, and George and Lydia are great, so I will stay a couple of months and see how it works out. They gave me a phone, offered me a computer (I am using their wireless), and stocked my kitchen with food.
George showed me downtown, the stadium, the sea, the Acropolis, etc. from his office upstairs this morning, and now I am off to Pepie's and going to take a walk around. I have internet for skype and a phone number now, and you all know my email address or can leave a comment, so I shall hopefully be seeing/hearing from you soon! ;) More later...
4 comments:
Hooray! I have been praying for you lots, and thinking about you lots. I got your card yesterday, so that was pretty exciting :D
Welcome to your new life! I miss you already.
Yeah! So great to hear that you made it safely to Greece and are getting settled.
I've been praying for a smooth transition and that you'll adjust quickly to life in Greece.
i think the little bouncy cartoon boat from the pireaus website should become your new blog mascot! yippee! if that's where you catch ferries to the islands, i've been there! woop!
Yeah! Glad you made it safe and sound. It sounds like your set-up is just perfect for you to start out in. I'm glad you have some people giving you a little lovin' already.
Post a Comment