Saturday, December 27, 2008

Never thought I'd say this...

...but I am actually missing preservatives right now!!

It's so great they don't put as many preservatives in food here, the food is so fresh, it's so much better for you, blah blah blah. I bought a whole bunch of fresh pita bread FOUR DAYS AGO and I just discovered mold through the whole stack. UGH!

I wonder what you're eating in your food, you over there in the States!?!?

2 comments:

James & Kristin said...

Ha ha! I noticed that in NZ too! Even chips didn't stay crispy overnight. Hope you find some Twinkies soon! xoxo

Sharone, Uncloned said...

Ha! Do you have access to Debbie Meyer's Green Bags and bread bags? They keep food fresh for unnatural and sort of creepy amounts of time. We put some apples in one of the green bags in our refrigerator drawers, and then forgot they were there...more than a month later, when we discovered the apples again, they were still fresh. (What, we are very busy people, everyone has food that they forget about for months.)

Well, we discovered them maybe three weeks ago, and they're still fresh today. delicious, not at all scary and weird.